Saturday, February 6, 2010

80s dance

We went to a dance at Zachs school today, it was so much fun. They had an 80s theme so we got all dressed up. It is so weird to me that we were able to walk into kohls and find totally rad 80s gear without even really trying. In fact I think it might be harder to find not 80s clothes! I got a fantastic off the shoulder grommetted shirt for dirt cheap and it was my favorite part. I also had snakeskin leggings that I put with it. I was bodacious!  ;)   If course I had 2 pounds of eyeshadow and blush on too. I'm glad I dont have to do that every day.

Brandon really wanted an iron maiden shirt but we couldn't find one so he settled for an iron man shirt that looks left over from the 80s. He put a button down shirt over it with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of torn up jeans. Very Growing Pains!

Kids were a bit harder. I got Zach an almost neon blue rocker t-shirt and we gave him a mohawk, not easy since his hair has gotten so long but it looked cool. Chelsea wore a skirt that looked like we tore it off Rainbow Brite with tight and lacy folded down with her new purple sneakers. She picked a striped shirt to go with it and clashed horribly but she was happy.

We all had a lot of fun. It's great to see people we see every day let loose and have fun. Zachs teacher was dressed up and that was fantastic. Leo and Silvia were there, 2 of Zachs favorite people at school. I think Chelsea has a little crush on Leo. She always talks about him and tonight she just followed him around. When she wasn't following Leo she was following Terry. I was starting to think we might have to send her home with one of them.

1 comment:

Coco said...

Looks like you guys had LOTS of fun!!!