Friday, February 17, 2012

$1,000,000 to spend

If I had a million dollars, what would I do with it? In really real life, I would pay off the house and then stash it away for college for my kids and other life things. I mean, really a million dollars isn't SO much money.

But for the sake of this blog I am going to write as though I have to spend it or lose it. 

I would still start with paying off the house. I dream of living mortgage free. It would be the biggest payoff long term. Having that much extra each month would be amazing. 

Next I would buy a big ass boat. I really like boats. I would also have to get Brandon a truck to pull it with. A big ass truck, obviously. =)

I would go to Italy. I really want to go to Italy. 

I would buy a vacation house somewhere. Brandon and I are always discussing where our first vacation house is going to be. It will be on a beach somewhere. I'm pretty sure I wont be able to pay it off with everything else I'm buying but pay a chunk toward it then make payments. With no house payment, its totally do-able.

I would also make a big donation. It would take some soul searching to decide where. I know Make-A-Wish would get a good check. Have to figure out where else to send it. I want my imaginary money to go somewhere that helps and doesn't get used up in 'administration'. I love Make-A-Wish because you can SEE that they are doing so much good.

So thats it I guess. I feel like it is still a weak list even though its imaginary. I'm a simple girl, I suppose.  

No comments: