Sunday, March 13, 2011

Raja and Rusties wedding


My baby brother is now married. I do realize at some point I have to stop calling him my baby brother, I'm working on it. I am so happy for him. And I love Rustie. I hope they have a long happy life together. I was an emotional wreck yesterday. I tried to not be but it was beyond my control. It was an emotional day and I'm an emotional person. I don't want anyone to think for a second that it was because I was anything less then ecstatic for the 2 of them. They are adorable together and so happy. I just cant believe he is all grown up. He has always been my baby brother. I've always thought he has needed me and now, not as much. We have been close, always. When I got married we lost some of that closeness and I worry that we might lose more of it now. I pray that doesn't happen. I need him.

Anyway, it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding. So many people worked so long and hard on it and it showed. We had to be there early for the rehearsal, so it was a fairly long day. My kids did really good for having to be there all day though, I was thankful for that. Rustie held together better then most brides, as far as I saw anyway! And she looked beautiful. There was no doubt from either of them, that I am sure of. They were ready to begin their lives as Mr. and Mrs. The ceremony was short and very sweet. Chelsea got to be a flower girl and Zach got to be the ring bearer. They were both so happy about that. They love Raja and Rustie and were happy to be part of their special day.




The reception was great. There was tons of food, I am curious what they did with all of those leftovers. They cut into their beautiful fairy tale cake and smeared it in each others faces. Which made me happy. I always hope people will smash cake on each other! They had their first dance and it was so sweet. I cant remember what song it was but along the fairy tale theme. She danced with her dad and he danced with mom also. She threw her bouquet from the balcony upstairs and it hit the ceiling fan then landed right into her sisters arms. It was a bit funny. Raja threw flipped the garter and his buddy caught it.

I want to thank Rustie for including me and asking me to be a bridesmaid. It meant so very much to me. I am so happy to have you as part of our family. We are crazy and intrusive and we WILL make you crazy from time to time but we cant change our stripes. Its who we are. Take good care of my grown-up baby brother. He is a great man who loves with his whole heart. I love you both so much.

No comments: