Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Pattys Day

I think St Pattys Day is so much fun. We always make a big deal of it out our house. Our Leprechaun comes and plays tricks and leaves prizes. This year we tried to catch the leprechaun. The kids and I built a trap for him. We made it look like a leprechaun hat and had a false top on it, with a ladder on the side. It had 2 tiny signs, one that said "No leprechauns allowed!!" and the other said "Do NOT climb the ladder!!" Because leprechauns like to break the rules. We put gold on the top, knowing he wouldn't be able to resist. The gold was a giant glob of gold glitter glue that never dried. The ladder took me ages to make but I think it was worth it. The kids put gold fingerprints all over the hat to make sure he leprechaun knew there was gold. 





The leprechaun did come but he is a tricky fellow. He fell in but managed to pull the ladder in so he was able to climb out. He did leave some gold coins, chocolate of course. You only get the real stuff if you catch him! (by the way, the dogs got on the table in the middle of the night and stole all of the dang coins) He also left a t-shirt for each green peeps, a book about leprechauns, some green lizards, a ballerina barbie that was wearing blue and purple (best he could find) and a Hero Factory guy. Turns out the Hero Factory guy was a Hero Factory GIRL. Zach was sure that he left 2 things for Chelsea and none for him. Because he doesn't like girl stuff!! I had to convince him that the leprechaun just didn't know. Every time he plays with it he prefaces it with "I am making Breez be a BOY!" Oooppps. He also left a poem note that basically says haha you didn't catch me but I liked the attempt. Here are some prizes and make sure you wear the shirts so you don't get pinched. 

As tricks this year, he (attempted) to paint both kids nails green while they were sleeping. They both woke up but neither remembered. They both thought it was neat when they woke up and their nails and mine were green. He changed all he computer backgrounds to a picture of himself that said HAHA! You cant catch me! I can go anywhere! And he put pictures of him and his friends all over the front door. He also turned stuff green all day. Thats the funnest part for the kiddos. 

I didn't get a picture of us all dressed up in our green. I'm so mad at myself for that. Chelsea was wearing green leggings, a denim skirt and her tshirt. Zach had his tshirt with jeans and a shamrock tie that he wore all day. We had suspenders for him too but they didn't work with his tshirt so we nixed them. Brandon had his silly St. Patty shirt. It has a giant shamrock and suspenders on it. He also wore a GIANT bright green bow tie. I had a green tshirt that says "I love St. Pattys Day!" I wore it with a denim skirt, green tights and knee high "I love St. Pattys Day!" socks. We were all decked out. It was pretty awesome!   

I hope you all had a great day too!

May you always have
Walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire!

1 comment:

Coco said...

You are the cutest stinking mom in the whole dang world!!! I <3 you so much!!! What an awesome day!!