Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Day 2

Today I am thankful for Zach. He didn't have school today and Chelsea did. Its rare that he and I get time together like that. He is so funny, he can always make me laugh. We have an app on the iPad to make animated videos and he loves it. He will spend hours creating different worlds. And they are always so funny. When he was in preschool, he wouldn't do art unless he was forced. I thought he would just never be a creative type. I'm quickly learning that you cant figure out who they will be based on who they are when they are young. 

I also never thought he would be a swimmer. He has had a DEEP fear of the water his whole life. If we went to a beach he sat in the sand with a life jacket on, if we went to a pool he sat on the stairs. Only time he would go out in water is if I dragged him. Then this summer he just went for it. Zero to swimming like it was nothing. I have had him in lessons since the beginning of the school year and he is just killing it. Every teacher tells me he is doing amazing. I told Brandon to figure he was going to have to do each level a couple of times but he hasn't had to repeat even once. This week he was diving into 9 foot deep water. I was just so amazed. I never expected that from him. Next week he starts the last class in the series. It is held in the 9' water. I cant wait to see how he does there. After that he hopes to make it onto the rec center swim team. I have every faith that he will. He continues to exceed my expectations at every turn. 

I love seeing how he grows and changes. I cant wait to see who he grows up to be. The only thing I can say for certain is that he will be amazing! 

1 comment:

Coco said...

He is pretty dang amazing!!! Absolutely adore him!!