Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Look Ma, no voice!

I have laryngitis. It is killing me. I've lost my voice from yelling and stuff before but it always comes back after a couple of hours. And it doesn't hurt. I've never lost my voice from being sick before. I assumed it was the same, if I ever really thought about it at all. Its really not. I'm on day 2 and I have to say yesterday was beyond frustrating. I ended up in tears 3 different times because of it. Its hard to talk. Its like all day I am SCREAMING at the top of my lungs just to get a squeak out. It physically exhausting and it puts an extra strain on my already sore throat. All that work and no one can hear me anyway. All day long I was told "just don't talk!" and then the same person would ask me a question in the same breath. Plus, have you met my kids?? They never stop talking and they want someone to reply. Someone being me more often then not. 

In the car on our way home last night after a long long day I told the kids to talk to their dad for awhile then I curled up in a ball on my seat and tried to hold back a 4th set of tears and I hear Zach from the back seat "hey dad, can you tell mom....."  

No comments: